Location: Home based – Watford and St Albans
Salary: £35,000 to £38,000 depending on experience
Application Deadline: 10/10/2019
About the Role
If you want to put your expertise in HR, leading on resourcing and recruitment and managing complex ER cases to good use, while having the opportunity to learn and develop – then this is the role for you.
Working in the social care sector is demanding and requires thinking outside of the box and finding creative solutions. This makes it challenging but a great learning environment to hone your knowledge and skills.
Working as part of the HR & OD Team while holding the HR & OD lead for a region you will be responsible for:
- Working with senior managers and people managers to contribute across the HR organisational development functions to the successful delivery of our services
- Providing advice, guidance and support to managers on performance management, disciplinarians and grievances and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures
- ER case management, TUPE preparation and contributing to preparing employment tribunal case material
- Leading on the charity’s approach to resourcing and recruitment so that our campaigns achieve successful results; improving the applicant experience
- Leading the apprenticeship supported programme for our care and support apprentices
- Working with HR colleagues in ensuring policies, procedures and processes remain fit for purpose and underpin the culture and ‘way of working’ of the organisation
- Contributing to organisational development initiatives and change programmes, including self-service system implementation
To be successful in this role you will need knowledge and understanding of, and a belief in, how HR and organisational development can improve business performance, and contribute to an engaged workforce. This alongside experience in delivering an effective resourcing and recruitment service. Ideally having experience of working in a regulated environment with a fixed and flexi workforce providing 24/7 service, and supporting managers, often new into management.
While the role and sector is challenging, you will be part of a supportive and fun HR & OD Team and have the commitment of the CEO and senior managers. Yes, compliance is important, but having the right inquisitive way of working and the ultimate desire to enable the organisation and our people to flourish is essential.Apply Now