The catering course is delivered in our newly refurbished training kitchen.
We have space for eight trainees to work in their own space, with each bay equipped with everything needed to prepare a range of different foods to cater for Fresco, Severnside Kitchen and organised events in site.
The course will cover-
- Communication Skills
- Catering for Functions
- Preparation and cooking
- Making pastry products, savoury dishes and baked goods.
- Introduction to working in a Professional Kitchen
- Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Knife Skills and Safety
- Food Safety
Opportunities for trainees during the course will include:
- Preparing dishes for the Specials Menu in Severnside Kitchen
- Baking traybakes for Fresco Café
- Guest chef opportunity to plan and prepare a meal for a specific event
- Involvement in catering for Taurus Crafts and external events.
If you are interested in joining a course please complete the Expression of Interest Form.