Frequently asked questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about Severnside Skills, including those relating to costs, our courses, funding, what we can offer and where to find us.
- Arrival – 9.30am
- Unit theory – 9.30am – 12.30 pm
- Lunch break – 12.30 – 1pm
- Unit practical / work placement – 1pm – 2.30pm
- Session feedback and evaluation – 2.30pm – 3.30pm
- A range of accredited certificates in your chosen vocational field and work experience feedback to show potential employers that you are work-ready.
- Day Placements: Monday – Thursday 9.30am – 3.30pm at £70 per day (£11.66ph). This includes registration, administration and certification of the AQA Unit Award Scheme for Catering and Retail.
- Cookery Skills: Friday Mornings Only 9.30am – 12.30pm at £30 (£10ph) plus £3.50 for cooking resources each session.
- We recommend that students stay with us for a minimum of one year, but students can stay for longer or shorter times depending on their individual training needs.
- Our courses run from 9.30am until 3.30pm, Monday through to Friday.
- Our site is easily accessible by all, with disabled car parking spaces near our entrance gate. The site is predominantly all on one level with easily accessible disabled facilities. Assistance dogs are welcome throughout the site.
- We will work with you to help identify the next stage of your vocational and learning pathway. This could include linking with other organisations to help you work out your next steps or to help you look for work or volunteering opportunities in your local community.
- You are in charge of your future, we can be a piece of your puzzle that brings your pathway into clear view to reach your goal.
- You will have had the training, knowledge, and work experience required for you to be ready for paid or volunteering opportunities.
- All courses can be tailored to your specific needs. We will discuss your prior learning and experience to decide along with you, what your learning pathway needs to be.
- There are several ways that funding may be available in your area. To help with this please contact us and we will help you to find out if you are entitled to funding.
It’s easy to find us whatever your means of transport; car, bicycle, public transport or on foot.
Our Address: Taurus Crafts, The Old Park, Lydney, Gloucestershire, GL15 6BU
- BusGloucestershire County Council offers further details on bus services.See Gloucestershire County Council website for further details: www.gloucestershire.gov.ukSee Monmouthshire County Council website for further details: http://www.monmouthshire.gov.uk/app/uploads/2014/04/755-James-Bevan.pdf
- TrainThe nearest train station is Lydney Railway Station (1.3 miles)See www.nationalrail.co.uk or contact National Rail Enquiry Line on 08457 484 950.
Beginning your journey
If you are interested in how Severnside Skills can help you, complete our referral form to begin your journey.
Got a question?
So we can help many more people, please let us know of any other information which may be useful to add to our frequently asked questions.