Keeping people we support and colleagues safe has been our number one priority during the pandemic and, to date, Camphill Village Trust has been fortunate that Covid-19 has had a minimal personal impact on our charity. We are working hard to ensure that this does not change.
On the 13th December 2021, the Government has released new guidance on how best to keep people safe in the face of the new Covid-19 variant Omicron. We are complying with the new rules/guidance:
- All staff across the Trust who are able to work from home will do so from Monday 13th December
- Visitors to communities are instructed to rearrange where possible and if attendance is vital they must follow the instructions on testing. A negative Lateral Flow test but be presented prior to attending any of our communities and offices.
- Family visits are still able to take place, however, we request these are booked where possible. Family visitors are asked to continue taking later flow tests on the day of their visit and to only come to the community if they have a negative test result. Staff may request to see proof of the result.
- Community risk assessments have been reviewed in light of Plan B.
- All indoor community-led or community organised gatherings, such as community Christmas parties, have been cancelled or moved outdoors if possible.
- Front line staff continue to wear PPE, and staff who remain working in the offices are wearing face masks when moving around.
- Staff are continuing their regime of Lateral Flow Tests and PCR tests.
- We have an excellent vaccination uptake at the Trust, we are actively encouraging people to make sure they have their Covid-19 Booster and their flu jab.
Our supported living and residential home services continue to be offered to the people we support. Whilst we have had to make some adjustments to how our services are run, people continue to be supported to lead a life of opportunity.
Our day services are open. Some changes have been made to ensure that people can take part safely and in a COVID secure way, but we are delighted to welcome people back.
Our cafes and shops
Our shops and cafes are open but there may be some changes to our services. Please check before you visit. Taurus Crafts, our artisan visitor centre, is fully open. In line with Plan B restrictions, customers must wear a mask when using our cafes and shops. Our cafes and shops are training spaces for adults with learning and other disabilities and we want to keep them as safe as possible for the people we support, our staff and visitors.
Our communities are open for outdoor visits. Internal visits to communities are possible if pre-arranged and with Lateral Flow testing requirements. Please contact the community before visiting.
What we are doing to keep people safe
Management of Covid-19
Our Covid leadership team remains in place and meets as required to review any charity issues related to Covid-19.
Supplies of PPE
We have sufficient personal protective equipment to ensure that we have all the resources that we need. Supplies of PPE are being monitored across our nine communities.
Colleagues who could work from home began doing so in March 2020. In line with Plan B restrictions, we continue to work from home where possible to ensure that people are minimising any risk of infection.
We have a testing regime for frontline colleagues and those staff still working in offices or who need to visit communities, as part of their essential duties.
We have seen an excellent take-up of vaccines and booster vaccines from both our colleagues and our community members. We are continuing to encourage those who have yet to be vaccinated to do so.
Looking for support
We continue to welcome new members to our communities. If you’re looking for support, you can research whether a Camphill Village Trust community would be the right choice at www.camphillvillagetrust.org.uk/support/. You can register an interest in joining a community for either supported living or day services here www.camphillvillagetrust.org.uk/contact-us/ and someone will be in touch.
We continue to have a number of vacancies and welcome applications to join our team from people with a variety of backgrounds. You may already have experience in care, or this might be the first time you have considered it. What is important to us is that you share our values, have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. Job opportunities can be found here www.camphillvillagetrust.org.uk/joinourteam/.
If you are someone we support or a family member of someone we support, please get in touch with your community General Manager.
If you are someone supported through Shared Lives or a Shared Lives carer then please get in touch with the Shared Lives team.
If you are a candidate who has applied for a role please get in touch with the contact listed in your candidate brief or with HR at email@example.com
If you have a named contact at Camphill Village Trust please get in touch with them through their email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For general queries please use the ‘contact us’ form on our website www.camphillvillagetrust.org.uk/contact-us/ or call our central Trust office on 01653 228 322.