Application Deadline: 31/03/2019
An exciting new opportunity to work in our onsite Bakery, baking products for our onsite café and for general sale.
Delrow Community is part of The Camphill Village Trust, a national charity which supports people with learning disabilities. Delrow Community is home for over 40 people with support needs. Other people join the Community during the day to participate in our workshops.
Set in a beautiful semi-rural setting on the outskirts of Watford, we have an exciting role of a Bakery co-ordinator who will carry out day-to-day activities and tasks in the onsite Bakery, while achieving agreed goals in a meaningful and safe manner. This role involves providing support to the people with learning disabilities working in the bakery to learn and develop bakery skills. We are looking for professional, positive and passionate people to deliver this role.
The role is Full time (37.5 hours per week) Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Practical experience of working within a bakery or food production environment or similar care based setting.
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain Food Safety standards
- Food Safety Training certificates
- Previous experience of delivering and planning structured group activities.
- Reasonable general education (evidence of numeracy and literacy).
- Health care qualifications – desirable but not essential.
- Good IT skills.
- Able to be sensitive, yet objective, about the needs of adults with learning difficulties.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Driving licence – Essential (Not more than 6 points)
- An enhanced DBS will be requested
Camphill Village Trust provides a generous benefits package which includes;
- 6.6 weeks annual leave (includes bank holidays)
- The opportunity to “cash in” one weeks of annual leave to supplement Januarys pay.
- Company sick pay after 1 month’s service
- A contributory pension scheme and opportunity of an enhanced pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advice and support, including face-to-face counselling
- Refer a friend scheme – up to £200 (Terms & Condition’s apply)
Interviews to be confirmed
Vacancy closes 12 noon 31/03/2019Apply Now