Location: Croft Community, Malton
Application Deadline: 19/05/2019
We provide a diverse and evolving range of living, working, social and cultural opportunities for a community of adults with learning disabilities. This includes a mixture of support living homes, market garden, town centre café, craft workshop and community based work and activities. This varied and rewarding role in a unique setting will be supporting individuals to realise their potential in developing their independence skills, contributing to Croft and local communities , developing relationships and living a life of opportunity.
We are seeking candidates with the enthusiasm, compassion and a genuine interest in supporting people within our expanding community. We are looking for people who ideally have experience or awareness of Learning Disabilities, challenging behaviour’s, or autism; however, care experience or specific qualifications are not essential. Here at Croft Community it is your own values, attitude, and the willingness to support others, as well personal/life experiences that are highly considered.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring that the highest standards of support are maintained in relation to physical, behavioural and emotional needs of people we support, to assist in promoting independence.
- Being involved in activities and events which may include attending appointments or social outings and leisure activities.
- Working independently and as part of a team with a community outlook.
- Key working duties and support with peoples health, finances and personal care as required.
- Supporting people with cooking, preparing meals and looking after their homes.
- Providing support in the various workshop and community based activities available to the people we support.
- Varied shifts arranged to meet the needs of the people we support which may include unsocial hours and sleep ins.
Our recruitment programme and personality profiling enables us to recruit the right person for the job role and enables us to match applicants with our individuals interests and support needs.
Our benefits portfolio includes:
- competitive annual leave, sickness and pension arrangements,
- employee assistance programme,
- quality training and qualifications, including induction, Care Certificate, medicine training, and the opportunity to gain further qualifications.
Our Charity is committed to Safeguarding adults therefore an Enhanced DBS will be required for this job role.Apply Now