Location: Botton Village
Botton Social Farm is looking for volunteer workers for our exciting new venture of outdoor based support for people living with Dementia, based at Botton Social farm in Botton Village Danby North Yorkshire.
Volunteers will assist staff and participants before/during and after the support sessions. Ideally we are looking for someone who has experience of supporting/caring for people with dementia or has had some personal experience of dementia and would like to contribute to this innovative project.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Support the development of Botton Social Farm by ensuring good record keeping and information sharing.
- To support the delivery of planned one-one or small group activities based around the seasonal tasks and farm related activities.
- This includes helping to prepare equipment/materials before each session and ensuring that all necessary cleaning/tidying is complete at the end of each session
- Motivated by the goals and ambitions of Botton Social Farm and share our passion and commitment for our participants needs and development.
- The ability to be a positive role model, be friendly and professional and have the ability to respond in a calm manner.
- Good listener, approachable, calm and reassuring.
- Creative, energetic, resilient and optimistic.
- Excellent time keeping and reliability.
If you think that this post is for you and you are able to spare some of your valuable time then please do apply.
Applicants will be expected to undertake a DBS for the post (funded through the charity), and attend any relevant training for the post.