Location: Botton Village
Salary: £8.33 + other benefits
Application Deadline: 17/05/2019
Botton community is home to adults with a range of disabilities and is situated only 3 miles from Danby/Castleton and 10 miles from Guisborough.
Your role will be supporting individuals in the homes dedicated to our elderly residents. We provide support for people with mixed complex support needs. We are looking for individuals who ideally have a worked in a similar role, either in a care home or similar, who also has experience of Learning Disabilities, mental health, physical disabilities and dementia.
Shift patterns are available up to full time (37.5 hours), on a shift rota basis, covering Monday to Sunday. Shifts are generally worked on a rolling 4-week rota, 4 weeks in advance to meet the needs of the people we support. Shifts include, day shifts and waking nights or a mixture of both.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the highest standards of support are maintained in relation to physical, behavioural and emotional needs of people we support to assist in promoting independence.
- Being involved in activities and events which may include attending appointments, or social outings.
- Working as part of a team and you may also undertake work on a 1:1 basis.
- Personal Care: Bathing, dressing, shaving, using commodes, bedpans, urinals, washbowls etc. as well as assisted feeding of people you support.
- Ileostomy/ Stoma care; catheter care.
- Administering and recording of Medication, order/check medications.
- Meal preparation: preparing pureed meals.
- Related paperwork: care plans, daily updates, person profiles, Risk assessments, safeguarding and notes/updates on health appointments.
The right candidate will:
- Be flexible to changing needs of the service.
- Physical and mentally resilient, with the ability to remain calm and professional in any situation.
- Have a good sense of humour and be fun to be around for the people you support.
- Ideally, you will have a QCF Level 2 qualification in Social Care or equivalent or be willing to work towards this qualification.
- Experience of using: Hoists, wheelchairs, etc.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months’ previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your care provision ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- An employee representative.
- Our benefits portfolio includes a full induction program, on-line learning portal and opportunities for personal development; including care certificate training.
- The role is very rewarding, but we recognise it can be demanding. We offer an employee assistance program because your health and wellbeing is important to us. We have achieved the Gold in the North East’s Better Health at Work Award and are currently working towards “Continuing Excellence”. We have appointed health advocates and co-production leads and you can be involved in health and wellbeing and other initiatives and projects across the charity.
- Our Charity is committed to safeguarding adults therefore an Enhanced DBS will be required for this job role which will be funded through the charity.
- Recommend a Friend scheme.
- Pension provision.
If you have a related qualification in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process. Although, experience is not essential, your own values and motivation to work in this field are most valuable to us.
Telephone our HR department on 01287 661390 for further information or an informal discussion.
Closing Date: 17 May 2019
Interviews: Arranged upon application.Apply Now