Application Deadline: 14/06/2019
We are recruiting an Finance Assistant to meet our growing needs within the charity.
Camphill Village Trust is a leading, long established and progressive UK charity supporting adults with learning disabilities and autism, mental health problems and other complex support needs.
We encourage, enable and support over 500 people across a range of housing and support models and through our nine urban and rural communities, all of which are rated “good” with CQC.
The role will take an active role within the Central Finance Department, mainly for purchase ledger and payments, but also providing assistance with day to day tasks in a busy central finance department.
- Processing of purchase invoices both manually and via the Electronic Invoice system
- Checking and coding of invoices including VAT under the partial exemption method
- Expenses processing and review, ensuring expenses are paid in line with company policy
- Payment of suppliers via BACS, DD and cheque
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements, chasing missing invoices and credit notes
- Creditors control to ensure that creditor payments are made in a timely manner and liaison with suppliers to resolve any issues
- Maintaining control and accuracy of the supplier list used across the charity
- Posting journals where required
- Providing financial information as required to the team and budget holders
- Liaising with other sites and resolving queries
- General accounts office duties
- Any other duties deemed reasonable as directed.
The successful applicant will be self-directing, with the drive and enthusiasm to become involved within the team and make their role key to the smooth running of the department. You will have a flair for working with people.
The ideal candidate will have some good knowledge and experience of working in a finance role. Good oral and written communication skills are essential.
An AAT qualification / working towards. Knowledge and experience of Open Accounts. Good bookkeeping knowledge of VAT, in particular partial exemption. Office (Word, Excel) and Office 365 is essential for this role, or a willingness to learn, as is a good reasonable standard of general education.
If you would like to informally discuss the role, please contact Lynn Court on 07741 904833
A satisfactory disclosure will be required for this job role.Apply Now