Location: St Albans and Delrow
Salary: £35,000 pro rata
Application Deadline: 24/05/2019
We are recruiting for a Quality Auditor for the South – St Albans and Delrow Communities, working part time- 22.5 hours per week to suit the needs of the role.
The successful person will act as the Charity’s regional auditor to evaluate the quality of service provision and audit health and safety management arrangements in order to promote compliance with regulatory and contractual standards and health and safety legislation. To support the implementing of the charity’s quality assurance and health and safety management systems and working with managers to establish and maintain best practice.
Under the direction of the Head of Quality and health and safety the main responsibilities are:
Health and safety
- Support managers to implement and maintain safe health and safety systems and practices.
- Monitor the implementation of the charity’s health and safety arrangements and conduct regular audits.
- Where directed, assist in the investigation of accidents and incidentsEnsure changes to policies and procedures are implemented in an effective and timely manner.
- To report any safety concerns from employees and members of the public, relating to the activities of camphill village trust.
- Ensure routine health and safety activities and checks are carried out
- Support managers to implement the charity’s quality assurance policy, systems and practices to support a consistent approach and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- To monitor and review the implementation of the charity’s quality assurance policy, systems and practices and conduct regular audit of services.
- Identify and encourage innovation and continuous improvement in quality.Support managers to implement internal audit measures in support of local commissioning requirements.
- Assist managers in identifying action plans based on the findings of internal and external evaluations of services (CQC, local authority contract monitoring), monitor implementation and re-audit services within agreed time-frames.
- Report on progress to the Quality Committee.
- Assist in the process of policy development and review in the light of organisational learning, service development, sector initiatives and legislative change
- Undertake such other tasks as required by the Operations Director and the Quality and Health and Safety manager.
- Undertake training and continuous professional development.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Proven experience gained in a Health and Safety role and of quality management and auditing processes.
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation and its application in a health and social care sector.A relevant professional qualification e.g. NEBOSH certificate, QMS auditor
- A relevant care qualification and experience in a similar management role
- Detailed knowledge of Care standards legislation and practices
- Excellent: verbal communication and report writing skills, Strong interpersonal, influencing and networking skills with the ability to challenge constructively.
- Able to work independently using own initiative and plan, prioritise and organise own workload.
- Able to cope with pressure, resistance and work to tight deadlines.
For a confidential informal discussion please contact: Mike Bagnall on 07531456496.
Closing Date: 24th May 2019
Interviews: to be confirmedApply Now