Location: Botton Village
Application Deadline: 17/05/2019
Botton community is home to adults with a range of disabilities and is situated only 3 miles from Danby/Castleton and 10 miles from Guisborough. We provide a fully comprehensive support package to the people we support both residentially and day placements, which include a choice of activities in our various workshops where skills are developed, and friendships forged. We are seeking individuals with the enthusiasm, compassion and a genuine interest in supporting adults, within our growing community. We provide varied living and work opportunities; including our own cafés, shops, farms, gardens and craft workshops.
Your role will be supporting individuals to realise their potential in developing their independence skills. We provide support for people with mixed support needs. We are looking for individuals who ideally have a varied care working experience including; awareness of Learning Disabilities, mental health, physical disabilities, challenging and repetitive behaviours.
Shift patterns are available up to full time (37.5 hours), on a shift rota basis, covering Monday to Sunday. Shifts are generally worked on a rolling 4-week rota, 4 weeks in advance to meet the needs of the people we support. Shifts are a mixture of; long days, waking nights, sleepovers, some short-day shifts or a mixture. Our colleagues usually work 3 or 4 days a week. This varies across our services and can sometimes change, at short notice, to meet the needs of people we support. We try to match people with the shifts that they prefer if we can achieve this, but people we support needs are paramount.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring the highest standards of support are maintained in relation to the physical, behavioural and emotional needs of people we support to assist in promoting independence.
- Being involved in activities and events which may include attending appointments, or social outings.
- Working as part of a team and you may also undertake work on a 1:1 basis. Some personal care may be required.
- Cooking and prepare meals
- Provide support during social activities
The ideal candidate will:
- Be flexible to changing needs of the service.
- Physical and mentally resilient, with the ability to remain calm and professional in any situation.
- Have a good sense of humour and be fun to be around for the people you support.
- Preferably be a competent driver, but we can consider non-drivers if you can be matched to individuals, were either driving is not required or we have adequate team members that already drive.
- Ideally, you will have a QCF Level 2 qualification in Social Care or equivalent or be willing to work towards this qualification.
- A progressive place to work.
- The ability to meet new people and forge new friendships.
- An employee representative.
- Hours in fixed houses/places to work, to ensure continuity of care, however, your role will be flexible across the community that you are based in, to meet the changing needs of people we support.
- Our benefits portfolio includes a full training and induction program, online learning portal and opportunities for personal development; including care certificate training. As well as coaching and mentoring.
- A Rewarding role, that can be demanding and due to this e offer an employee assistance program because your health and wellbeing is important to us.
- Health & Well-being at work with appointed health advocates and co-production leads so that you can be involved in health and wellbeing and other initiatives and projects across the charity.
- A funded Enhanced DBS certificate.
If you have experience, this could make you an ideal candidate for this role. Although experience is not essential, your own values and motivation to work in this field are most valuable to us.
Our recruitment program and personality profiling enable us to recruit the right person for the job role and enable us to match applicants with our individual’s interests and support needs. However, along with the DBS we require satisfactory employment references. (All employment are subject to satisfactory referencing, enhanced DBS and confirmation of the right to work and relevant qualifications).
Telephone our HR department on 01287 661390 for further information or an informal discussion.
Closing Date: This post will be closed upon receipt of suitably sufficient applicants.
Interviews: Arranged when applications have passed shortlist.Apply Now