Location: Taurus Crafts, Lydney
Salary: £8.21 (if over 18)
Application Deadline: 10/10/2019
Seasonal Café Assistant
To assist in the café servery, garden café, and kitchen so that customers receive a consistently high quality of food and service.
To be a helpful and supportive team member particularly to people on work experience or training placements in the restaurant.
Servery and garden café, as a member of a team
· To greet new customers appropriately, answer any queries they may have, and take and record their orders accurately.
· To make up customer orders (making toast, beverages etc), making sure at all times food hygiene and health & safety requirements, portion and presentation guidance are complied with.
· To provide customers with their food, beverages and cutlery, confirming later that they are happy with their order.
· To clear and wipe down tables promptly after use, attend to spillages quickly. Making sure the tables and the surrounding areas are presentable and fully provisioned for new customers.
· To display food on opening in a safe and appealing manner and clear away on closing, cleaning up and storing food appropriately.
· To follow food hygiene and health and safety requirements.
Kitchen, as a member of a team
· To wash up and put away used cutlery, crockery and baking utensils ensuring they are properly clean and put away in their correct locations.
· To clear up the kitchen area, making sure the kitchen is presentable at all times and that food hygiene and health & safety requirements are followed.
Camphill Village Trust is an award-winning national charity supporting people with learning and other disabilities.
The Camphill Village Trust provides a home within a supportive community environment for people of all abilities. Whether in a household with others or more independently we accept and appreciate each other for who we are and encourage each other to give our best.
We support people to be safe, healthy, happy and to be active citizens living a life of opportunity.
Taurus Crafts is a vibrant visitor centre where you can find a wide range of arts and crafts. As well as being the home to a fantastic range of independent businesses, we also run three of the shops with mixed ability teams.
We are open daily providing opportunities for work placements & supported employment for people with mental health and learning disabilities as well as selling a range of unique goods selected for their ethics and products made in our communities.
What we provide
We provide a full induction and free training.
Our hourly rate of pay is £8.21. (if over 18).
What we need from you
Experience in a customer service environment is desirable. You may have previous experience in care, but it is not essential. What is important to us is that you share our values, have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. You will be good at both listening to and talking with people. You will have a positive and patient approach to supporting people with daily activities and enjoy helping people learn and explore new things. You have a flexible approach and like work both as part a team as well as on your own.
A good level of numeracy and literacy is essential.
If this job sounds like the right one for you, click Apply and complete the short online application form. We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
We’ll respond to your application within three working days. We will not wait until the closing date to arrange interviews so if we have filled the vacancies before the advertised closing date we will close this advert early.
Successful applicants for this role will require a Standard DBS check. We committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. We will undertake checks of successful candidates before starting work, which will include an Enhanced DBS check .For more details please see our webpage on the recruitment process.
Expiry Date; 9th October 2019Apply Now